Whats the difference between Overall leaderboard and prize leaderboard?

I tried finding in the site to find out how to earn points between overall leaderboard and prize leaderboard. But I can’t find it.

All I know that you can get 1 point for every person to answer 1 point. How else do you get points?

Hi milindo,

The overall leaderboard includes the point totals for eligible and non-eligible participants for prizing purposes for each team.

The prizing leaderboard includes the point totals for eligible participants for prizing purposes for each team. Only Canadian residents, excluding residents of Quebec, who are the age of majority in their province/territory are eligible for prizes.

Each time a participant completes a challenge, they receive one point towards the team score.

Tim

I am in Vancouver and a Canadian resident, why is my team name not in the prize leaderboard, did we do something wrong?

Hi Samjoshva, only the top-50 teams are displayed at one time on the leaderboard.

But our team is on the overall leaderboard but not on the prize board, we are team KCJ

Hi Samjoshva,

Only eligible participants for contest-prizing purposes are included for team point scoring on the prizing leaderboard. The overall leaderboard includes all team members, regardless of eligibility for prizing purposes.

Let us know if you have any other questions/concerns.

Do I have to be on a team to be eligible for prizes?

Hi Hallmarkm,

No, you do not to be on a team to be eligible for individual prizes! There is a $500 team prize for finishing atop the leaderboard; otherwise, prizes are eligible to qualifying individuals.

Thanks for coding with us :slight_smile:

that was my question, why is our team not eligible for prize board, thanks and have s great Thanksgiving weekend

Hi Samjoshva,

Five of the eight team members of Team KCJ are eligible for prizing purposes. Three members are residents of Quebec, who are excluded from prizing.

Have a great long weekend.

Ah I see, thanks for the clarification