Stuck on 11 -- where am I going wrong?

Hi friends!

I’m sort of embarrassed that I can’t seem to get my head around this, but can someone help me figure out where I’m going wrong? So far, I’m working with:

function lightColumn(coordinate)
{
let targetColumn = [];
column = convertColumn(coordinate);
for (row = 0; row < GRID.length; row++)
{
targetColumn.push(column[row]);
}
return targetColumn;
}

Maybe I’m going about this in a completely wrong way?

You’re so close!

Your train of thought is spot-on, as is your structure. However, you should double-check what you’re pushing to your targetColumn variable. It isn’t what you expect it to be.

You’re very close! Think about how you get the content of cell and then expand it to get the whole column.

Hint: It is the same approach as what you did for “lightCell” function.

Thanks so much, you two! Those were exactly the hints I needed. :slight_smile: Solved!

Hey, I am stuck on this as well. I have done something very similar. Any other clues? I want to do it myself. I don’t know how to push the value of the cell into the array. How can I push the contents of the cell in the first column into an array and then just repeat for the number of rows and then just return that?

What fixed it for me was that I wasn’t pushing the column or row FROM anything… or to put it another way, I was missing a critical part of pushing [row] and [column].

oh so would u have to look at the coordinate and then push the index of the coordinate for each row?

im actually confused

function lightColumn(coordinate){
let targetColumn = [];
column = convertColumn(coordinate);
for (row = 0; row < GRID.length; row++){
targetColumn.push(GRID[column[coordinate]-1]);
}
return targetColumn;
}
thats what i have