More Info on Challenge Results

It would really help me lots if the website didn’t just inform me that my code produced the wrong results, but also what these results are. Is there a reason this isn’t done, at least for the sample grid that anyone can see?

Thanks for the feedback @trollkaefer; we’ll definitely take this into consideration for future editions of the 21-Day Coding Challenge in an effort to enhance user experience :slight_smile: Enjoy the rest of the challenge and good luck!

I’ve started writing tests for this very reason! I’m still working on it, but it’s set up so anybody can copy my repo and use my tests.

To remedy this problem I created an html file on my computer, do the coding there, and copy&paste the code when the solution is returning the result I’m looking to achieve. This way I can use the code inspector for debugging.

There is also the option of doing the coding directly in the code inspector, but I prefer my IDE’s syntax highlighting.

That said, I do agree that it would be nice if the error at least returned which line was returning an error. I spent a chunk of time attempting to understand where an error was coming from, only to discover it had nothing to do with the new code I had created. (see “Silly Challenge 13 error” for more context)