Challenge 7 Not Working?

My code is like this:

function isRock(code) {
return lightCell(code) === “^”;
}

However, the test does not run. My lightcell(code) from Challenge 6 worked and remains unchanged.

it looks like the semi colon is the issue

On my code i did it slightly different

function isRock(code){
if(lightCell(code) == ‘^’){
return true
}
else return false

Hi Tony,

If you’d like to send me a private message (click my name, find the Message button) with all the code from your editor, I can point you in the right direction.

Kindly avoid posting solutions in the public forum.

Kind regards,
Krsna

did you try a bracket like this?

return (lightCell(code) === “^”);

Thanks for your help! I can’t seem to find the message button :frowning: Would you mind sending me a quick message to which I can reply? Thank you so much!

Nevermind, it works now!

Hi, I’m having the same issue. Can I get some help? Also, can’t find the message button. Thanks in advance :grinning:

Hi @LLPrin,

If you want to private message @krsnachandra, you can click on her username, and click “message.”

HowtoDM

I’m not seeing the message button. I’ve tried turning off my browser extensions and refreshing. Not sure what the issue could be.

Try going to https://21dayforum.lighthouselabs.ca/u/LLPrin/messages look for the blue New Message button

(anyone other than @LLPrin: copy the URL and replace their username with your own, or click your profile image at the top of the screen and then select Messages)

ALSO: @LLPrin, it looks like you don’t have the Basic badge yet, which might be restricting what you’re able to do. This badge is a trust level that indicates which permissions you have been granted in this forum.

If you haven’t already: go into your messages and complete @discobot’s tutorial, and read other threads while you’re waiting.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Thanks, @RebelBeckerton! I already completed the tutorial, is there something else I need to do to get the basic badge? @Tonychen0227 Did you need to change your code to get it to work?

It looks like you have the badge now now, @LLPrin. Are you able to send messages, or is the button still missing? :slight_smile:

hi for me, the message icon is stilll missing, how can I do?

@Eason, you need to earn the Basic badge before you can send personal messages. Complete the tutorial, then read a few more topics.

The default threshold for the Basic trust level in a Discourse forum is:

• entering at least 5 topics
  • reading at least 30 posts
  • spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

I don’t know if Lighthouse kept the default or customized it, so just keep reading posts that look interesting or useful, and your badge will pop up eventually.